Saturday, May 16, 2015

Instagram & Periscope Are Considered Travel Essentials

Application developers never run out of new flicks for the social media society. And most travel-inclined people use all of the available social media places to share their journeys and experiences via photos. I admit, I’m a huge Instagramer myself, and I find it interesting how me and my fellow travelers could share and like travel photos in one neat place (Instagram). This is also informative and helpful, and at the same time, it’s solely encouraging.

Yet, Instagram has been on for a while, and for some reason, there’s always a better way to connect to people (strangers and acquaintances) on the Internet. Let’s get straight to the point – what Twitter has launched for its users is amongst the most fun ways to share, not still images, but live images …. The Periscope!


Have you ever heard of the Periscope? It’s a new application that uses live streaming, so you could watch videos, of Twitter users – those you follow and also from the global population. Periscope lets you broadcast live video to the world. Going live will instantly notify your followers who can join, comment and send you hearts in real time. The more hearts you get, the higher they flutter on the screen.


I was introduced to Periscope a few hours ago, and as soon as I logged in to my Twitter account, I started viewing videos from people around the world, in real time. So here’s a collection of some screenshots I took on Periscope.

First, I went to sail with models to the Bahamas;
I was taken to London, and Sicily for a walk;
Visited Graceland and stood next to the Presleys' graves;
Drove around Bristol; and finally
Watched the concrete jungle of NYC!

No comments: