Monday, July 08, 2013

Throwback 2012: Hong Kong Revisited

March 25-28, 2012 - I was asked which is the best South East Asian destination – Hong Kong! Yes, like I said earlier, this is a wonderful city worth spending a vacation for. Hong Kong is tagged as the “Small Paris” because of the abundance of high-end European brands. It is the centre of commerce and shopping in Asia.

So, join me for the second time as I track another route that starts with Causeway Bay area. In Hong Kong Central, Causeway Bay is known as the focal point of expensive and famous designer brands such as Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Swarovski, to name a few. Just like Los Angeles in California, it has its own street shows that attract a crowd for curiosity and fun. One exciting experience to Causeway Bay is the largest transportation called the MTR that merges several routes and a huge number of commuters. As foreigners, me and my travel buddies were ignorant of the train system which ended up us being almost lost! Whew! Thanks to the kind-hearted Filipino couple who helped us made our way out.





Once again, Disneyland and Ocean Park were amongst the coolest destinations that I have revisited. It is indeed another great experience to explore the new additions of rides so I finally hopped on my first roller-coaster encounter at the Mine Train. In Disneyland, the Parachute Drop, the Slinky Dog Spin, and the Tea Cup ride were amazing plus a second round on the hair-raising-heart-pounding-throat-blowing Space Mountain!









On my last day on the Hong Kong soil, I was able to go through the streets surrounding Lang Ham Place. What another level of grandeur vacation has just gone in my life – so call it an adventure!