Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Why I Love Singapore

At one point in my life I have come to the realization of my childhood dream – to travel the world. Not given the chance yet to explore all seven continents, I am quite happy with what I have already accomplished for the past three years. Amongst the highlights of my journey to Asia is the beautiful Lion City which I know I won’t ever stop visiting, even at countless time. The reason is simply this: I am very much impressed not only with the stunning cityscape but also its sanitation. Apparently, the absence of eyesore such as garbage and beggars in pubic makes the city impressing to both locals and tourists.

May first visit in October 2012 was so short that I was only able to go see the famous Marina Bay Sands and its Sky Park, the spectacular Resorts World Sentosa where the Universal Studios is, and a taste of Arab Street and the East Coast plus a few great places for shopping and night clubbing. However, I was not able to fully explore the city including its grandeur Changi Airport until my next visit a year later.

So in the last part of October 2013, my mission to discover the Changi Airport was accomplished. With my 17-hour lay over prior to my flight to Bangkok, I grasped my chance of horsing around all three Terminals via the Sky Train. It has been one of the most excellent tours I’ve ever had aside from purging my possibility of getting bored waiting for my next flight. Commuting through the hectic Sky Train opened the opportunity for me to take snap shots outside and around the airport. Thanks to the friendly guys at Fans of Changi for their best tips – I got to see the best spots inside and outside the edifice!


Fascinating lanes to Changi Airport
Get inspired and see more of my travel photos on http://instagram.com/gweniskins
Instagram